Since 1928, Wolseley Lodge has been a premier destination for anglers, outdoor enthusiasts, and just about anyone else who wants to experience the French River. There is something here for everyone, and with so many things to choose from, we thought it would be nice to give you our top 10 reasons to visit Wolseley Lodge this summer.
Top 10 Reasons to Visit Wolseley Lodge
- The Marina: Whether you rent one of ours or plan on hauling your rig up to the resort, the docks at Wolseley Lodge will prove to be more than adequate for you and your group. We have 12 16-foot boats featuring 25 horsepower electric start motors and live wells. We also have both a 16-foot and a 24-foot pontoon.
- The Beach and Playground: Our conveniently located beach is right next to the boathouse and features two large docking systems. There are also ample lounge chairs for those who would like to soak up some sun on The Sandy Beach.
- Excellent Trails for Hiking, Wilderness Viewing, and Photography: Several remote trails follow the French and Restoule Rivers, offering many opportunities for nature watching or wilderness photography. Five Finger Rapids is only a 20-minute boat ride away, and Mashkinonje Provincial Park is a 25-minute drive north! Killarney Provincial Park is a little farther at 60 minutes from Wolseley Lodge. In addition to the various hiking trails afforded by the provincial parks, there are also nature/hiking trails located at Sturgeon Falls and the Sturgeon River House.
- Northern Ontario Golfing: There are five golf courses within a 35-minute drive from Wolseley Lodge. The three nearest courses are Maples Golf and Sports Club, Meadow Springs Golf Course, and The French River Golf & Country Club. All offer scenic fairways that exemplify the French River region.
- Canoeing and Kayaking: Whether you’re just paddling around the bay or finding new nooks and crannies of the river, Wolseley Lodge offers the perfect staging ground for a hydrophilic adventure. Kayaks and pedal boats are free to use, and we also have two two-person canoes and one three-person canoe. Canoe rental includes accessories.
- Day Trips to the Surrounding Communities: While it’s fun to be out in the sticks, sometimes it’s nice to venture into town and explore the shops and sights that make these communities unique. Greater Sudbury is roughly 60 minutes northwest, Sturgeon Falls is 55 minutes northeast, and North Bay is about 90 minutes northeast.
- Seclusion/Relaxation: There is no better way to practice social distancing than heading north and spending some time away from the daily grind. Refresh and reset your internal clock after a stressful winter.
- Family Vacation: Wolseley Lodge will help you create new traditions with your family while fostering an appreciation for simplicity and the great outdoors. Have a contest to see who can go the longest without checking their phone!
- Lovely Cabins to Stay In: We have 16 cabins that come with various amenities including, microwaves, coffee makers, kitchenware, hot-water tanks, running water, and a flushing toilet. The number of rooms ranges from one to four.
- French River Fishing: The French River is home to just about every sportfish an angler could target, including trophy walleye, muskellunge, and northern pike. You don’t have to be a master fisherman to do well here either because we have access to some of the best fishing guides in the area. To make things even easier on you, we also offer live bait, freezers, and an on-site fish cleaning station.
Discover Northern Ontario on the French River
Many people find out about Wolseley Lodge because they want to experience fishing in Ontario and the French River. Our guests continue booking with us, though, because there is always something new for them to focus on for their next trip. Whether it be targeting a personal best walleye or just exploring the nearby burgs and villages, Wolseley Lodge in Noelville, Ontario, is your home base for discovering Northern Ontario.